Linggo, Hunyo 26, 2011

Chris Kuzneski


Chris Kuzneski in his own words:

I grew up in Indiana, PA, with my parents and three siblings. As a fourth-grader, I wrote my first book, The Monster Cookbook, a work of fiction that detailed the culinary and nutritional needs of a dozen creatures that I’d created. The school’s librarian was so impressed that she had it hardbound and placed in the school’s library with all the books that my classmates enjoyed. Unbeknownst to her, a career in writing was born.

I attended Indiana High School where I was voted Class Clown of my senior class and anchored the offensive line on a team that won back-to-back CENPAC championships. I continued my football career at the University of Pittsburgh ― playing with future NFL stars Tony Siragusa, Jeff Christy, Mark Stepnoski, Craig “Ironhead” Heyward, and many others. Unfortunately, a freak foot injury ended my athletic career. (That, and a severe lack of athletic ability.)

While studying at Pitt, I wrote for The Pitt News, the Indiana Gazette, and the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, eventually earning my B.A. in writing and my M.A. in teaching. From 1992 until 1998, I taught English and coached football in two western Pennsylvania school districts and was selected to Who's Who Among America's Teachers. But in my mind, I still wasn’t doing what I wanted to do. I wanted to be a writer. So I quit my job and took a leap of faith . . .

My first novel, The Plantation, was praised by James Patterson, Nelson DeMille, Lee Child, James Rollins, and several of the top writers in my genre. My next thriller, Sign of the Cross, was released in 2006 and became an international bestseller, translated into more than fifteen languages. Sword of God climbed even higher on the charts, hitting the New York Times and London Times bestseller lists. My fourth book, The Lost Throne, debuted in the UK Top-5 and stayed on the charts for several weeks. It was also my first American hardcover. The paperback version hit the New York Times list. My fifth book, The Prophecy, reached #4 on the UK charts and was released in America on July 8, 2010. My latest book, The Secret Crown, is currently available in the UK, but won’t be released in America until January 2012. 

I currently live on the Gulf Coast of Florida. When I’m not enjoying the sun, surf, and hurricanes, I’m working on my next novel, which will be the seventh book in the Payne & Jones series.

www.chriskuzneski.com/

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento